Ok! We are back with another Hiking Challenge! Our Last one which was the Winter Hiking Challenge went well. We got in 93 miles of hikes from November – March. That’s a little longer than the official Winter time which is December 21st – March 20th. Spring has “officially” started here in South Dakota as of March 20th so we are kicking off this spring hiking challenge which lasts until June 20th!
HIKE 6.5 MILES PER WEEK!
This should be an exciting one as we will be able to get to some of the trails that were not accessible during the winter due to poor road travel or where there were a lot of people and no masks being worn. Further… dare I say… with our second dose of the COVID vaccine coming up, we may.. might.. mayhaps… BE GOING TO YELLOWSTONE FOR FOUR DAYS!!! I am very excited and hopeful that we can make that happen. I really need to go before we leave for Scotland.
We also got an Akaso “go pro” style video camera. Let’s see if we actually do something with it 🙂
At any rate! The spring hiking challenge has begun! Follow me on the absolutely AMAZING Alltrails.com site/app!
Click the trails below to see an interactive map with pictures and everything on Alltrails!
- Coon Hollow up Boulder Hill – 8.0 – 3/27/2021
- Dalton Lake – 6.9 – 4/3/2021
- Coon Hollow up Boulder Hill – 8.2 – 4/10/2021
- Sylvan Lake and Little Devil’s Tower – 5.5 – 4/17/2021 (But this was a HARD trail!)
- Taggart Lake Loop – Teton Natinoal Park – 5.5 – 4/24/2021 (Another very hard one, and the app stopped tracking for a bit so that is why it says 4.7 vs. 5.5)
- Horsethief to Mt. Rushmore View – 7.6 – 5/2/2021
Last modified: May 8, 2021